Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Whats up everyone?!!

It has been an amazing time! I am truly sad that we are two days away from being done. Throughout this whole time it has really been a life changing experience. We have gone to an orphanage, done multiple parenting panels, and have been doing an amazing teen camp that inspires me day by day.

Fortunately thanks to Jeff and Lin I have had the great opportunity to be able to preach multiple times to the church and too the teens and it has given me a whole new mindset of what the holy spirit can do! The teens were so hard hearted and so consumed in being cool but to see them grow from where they were to where they are now has made the trip worth while.

In the whole country of Trinidad there is only one teen disciple and he is amazing. He convicts and encourages my soul in every conversation we have. I am looking very forward to coming home to share all the good and amazing news with you guys.

Tonight was a nice and chill time where we were able to "lime" and we just went to see Karate Kid together and enjoyed each others fellowship. I have grown in friendships with all of team members especially Mack. We have all learned new and exciting things about each other. You can truly see why Jesus sent groups out because so much can be accomplished in just a short week with a team that is truly untied.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Trae,

    I have never missed you more in my life. Your dad and I are soooo proud of what you are doing down there. It has been so exciting hearing from everybody. You each have such different perspectives. Me and dad said we want to come next year. Time for the "old" people to set the world ablaze. Your faith has inspired my quiet times this week as I've been going through the book of Acts again looking at the way disciples lived daily.

    LOVE the picture of you trying to climb a coconut tree. You have NO mind and we love that about you. God is using you in incredible ways and North Cobb doesn't know what's about to hit them with you and Amber this year. Can't wait.

    I will look forward to you sharing it all with me when you get back...actually SHARING Travis and not a few words of just "It was cool"...k.

    Love you more than life itself my son!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im constantly inspired by you and your heart for God.Its been great to hear all that God is doing through you and everyone there.Im constantky encouraged and uplifted when i read these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Travis,

    SO glad to hear you and Mack are developing a close relationship. I am proud of all you teens. It took a lot of courage for you to go to a country other than yours and reach out to TEENS!! Teens are hard enough when you live in THEIR county! Hope you all have a great rest of the week.

    Tell Mack we miss him and he really should respond to our texts! HA!

    Sherrie Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so proud of you Trav. Words cannot express how happy I am that you are there! You are such a light...but....come home. k?

    miss you travi.


    Madison

    ReplyDelete