Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Monday, July 12, 2010

So it's 7:31 as I am typing this. It certainly has been a very busy week so far and i am thrilled to be here. From the BEAUTIFUL beaches of Tobago(okay it took some major prayers to make it across on that ferry alive and well) and the inspr=iring trip to St. Mary's Childrens Home. As tough as it was for me to go and see a community of children without families I look back and realise how much more respect I have for the caretakers in my Children's Home. Of course I grea incredibly attatched to Kisha, 3-years old. I pray for her future and that she can be safe and hopefully she may one day be met by disciples. I would love to talk more about it but for now I think J.I. would appreciate if I didn't cry all over his computer:) We began the Teen Camp, the theme was Freedom. Jeff preached the word on how The Son Sets Us Free. Krisit and J.I. shared the stories with us and it was amazing to hear how God works through so many people's lives. We split up into five groups and made banners and chants for our teams. the teams are, Righteous Lions, Spirit Warriors, Blazers,Eagles,and C-Unit. Yes we are "fye" as the teens now say. So after our limin we slipt up and the lesson from the teens was on Purity. Travis and Mack for the guys and I, for the girls. It was definitely not a lesson I would automatically teach but as i begna to study it out I realised how stron my convictions were. It went great and I received a lot of encouragement afterwards from my fellow Trini-Team. It's been amazing to get to know the teens more as well as the EDGE members. Special Shout-out to Ross and Kim! and Jeff and Krisit! and of course Lin! Without them our trip would not be as wonderful as it has been. We miss our frineds and family, some more than others but we can't wait to comeback and share our stories. Get ready for some crazy inside jokes. Love to all!

P.S. apologies if i mispell...its SUMMER TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment