Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Monday, July 5, 2010


Hey my name is Mack Phillips, and I’m one of the teens going on the trip to Trinidad and Tobago. I am super excited to be able to go on this trip for so many reasons! Just the fact that I was chosen is just crazy. Like we were talking about at the meeting on Thursday, it’s like being chosen by God. This opportunity is so incredible also because we get to bond with people overseas. But even just being able to focus on building relationships with the teens and showing God to them pretty much rocks because they are able to see how God has affected us in our lives (I don’t know if ya’ll know but none of the teens have ever been baptized down there). My wish for them is that most or all of them can be studying or baptized by next year! I also look forward to getting closer to Travis, Ashley, Amber, Lily, and Jordyn. It’ll be cool to have strong relationships with them. While we are down there, we will be teaching some lessons on freedom to the teens and leading a camp for them. There will be a sports day lead by Travis, me, (and I think) Amber, and Jordyn. All of the teens will lead a parenting workshop at some point! That sounded pretty awesome to me when I heard about it. But I know we are all going to have an awesome time, and it’s hard to wait TWO MORE DAYS!!! It seems so far away! I can’t wait to see everyone at 5 in the morning at the airport, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment