Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


What a begininning!! Many of us (myself included) decided to be extra spiritual and "fast" from sleep:) Nothing like pulling an all-nighter and traveling internationally!! Now, it's 9:30pm, and we're all limeing in the lobby of our guest house. Lin is cutting up mango slices and handing them out to everyone. We also just got the unfortunate news that we need to be at the ferry @ 8am instead of 9:15-9:30am as we were anticippating. This brotha needs some cotton-pickin sleep!! Oh well....I'm as tired as ever, but feeling spiritually alive. The singing tonight @ midweek was off the chizzle!! They have a brother, Shane, who led songs. He happens to be a recording artist, so the brotha's got talent...looks like Lenny Kravitz, too...I digress...So, the church was extremely pumped to have us there. They gave us a rousing welcome, and many hugs and well-wishes were exchanged. I was reuinted with an old AIM graduate named Tyrone who's the Legal Counsel for the Ministry of Sport here in Trini...pretty cool...we exchanged hearty hugs and just marvelled at what God is up to with this new-found relationship with our congregations. I taught the brothers a lesson about getting deeper with Jesus from Peter's life in John 1 & Luke 4-5. Lin spoke to the women about 20 feet away at the sasme time. We need to be grateful to have so many rooms at our North River building:) But it was all good. a big highlight has been me & Kristi connecting with Gary and his wife, Kirtia. We are totally vibing!! This is definitely the beginning of a special relationship. Kristi is lovin' it....I'm sure she'll be blogging about it soon...

The biggest challenge for me has not been fatigue, but that ever-present, low-grade ache that's me missin my girls. I know there are dads that have to be apart from their kids for longer strecthes of time, but as for me, this is tough. I find myself hoping they're alright & not missing me much at all. So pray for me & Kristi. I guess we're sappy old parents. We're off to Tobago tomorrow morning! Gonna meet up with Ross & Kim & meet with the church there.

Keep following us...spread the word...pray for me:)

Much love,

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jeff,
    Just got back from Benevolence Wednesday and saw your girls, at least got a glimpse of one of them, playing and having a grand ole time at the watermelon social. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Jesus is Lord!
    Mary Liebhart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggin about this mission trip was such a terrific idea.Its so encouraging to hear what God is already doing over there.Saw your girls today(pretty as ever),will give them big hugs on sunday.Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey daddy and mommy...don't worry this is a message we tried to send yesterday and couldn't figure why it didn't take. The girls are sleeping in your bed with stuffed animals they call "mom and dad". Days have been great...but the nights when we pray and the night is still and kisses and hugs from Aunt B are nothing like the two of you. Praying morning and night for you both and try to recover from the cold and bumpy ride. We love you. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxx ps:Ella Grace still wants to squeeze you so hard your heads will come off. Thats your girl! (have no idea where the name clickers came)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!! I love how you all are grabbing both my heart and attention with your personal experiences there in Trinidad & Tobago! Reading through all of the posts was amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing - esp. Lin with the sickness and Mack with your gratitude & appreciation for being chosen to go on this mission. I look forward to hearing even more of the inspiring and challenging stories when you return. God is working hard to get us all as close to Him as possible. And I'm even more encouraged to see the part of our family He's chosen to make dreams come true there in the Caribbean. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your stories and encouraging our family there! Have fun and stay healthy. Prayin' 4 ya!!

    Your sis,
    Meko

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!I'm so sure you had a blast ad felt so blessed and loved.Looking forward to hearing you share more of what God is doing.

    ReplyDelete