Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thankfulness and Hope


Hey guys it's Mack. I just want to share about how incredibly encouraged i am by everything here. I mean just seeing how welcoming and warm and hospitable the Port of Spain Church of Christ and Tobago Church of Christ are encourages me to see how amazing it is to actually have brothers and sisters over seas. And guys, I wish ya'll could experience their singing down here because it is INCREDIBLE! It sent chills through my body when i heard it. And also seeing how eager everyone in the church is to get to know us also and build bonds with us rocks. It's kind of like being encouraged by those who are encouraged, you know? But I just wanted to share how amazing the teens have been reacting down here. Like a lot of the guys have come to Travis and I and have just poured out there want to follow and obey Jesus. Like coming from the perspective of many people I've talked to, it came across as the teens really didn't care what we had to preach because they just would sit in their chairs looking sleepy the whole time! But there are about seven or eight teen guys who have come up to us and just been so grateful for what we have to say which is SO AWESOME!!! And i know tonight at church was VERY impacting. The older teen guys started off sharing at how they have seen what God is all about. AND THEY WANT TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!!! Like that is crazy enough, right? So get this, guys. A thirteen year old came up and started crying from the impsct God has had on him! He poured out what he had learned to the church and wouldn't stop thanking Travis and me. I couldn't stop getting these powerful waves of chills and couldn't help but be impacted by this teen had been impacted. It really helped me to come to the realization that God can appear in the lives of people of any age. From thirteen year olds to eighteen year olds. He can change the lives of those who you would least expect. I just think it is awesome how He has spoken through us to such an amazing extent.
Also what is on my heart to talk to you guys about is that the guys here are so easy to get along with and so easy to have fun with. Like I was playing with eight year olds today. I got the chance to just talk to them about how much they are enjoying this camp. But I genuinely had fun hanging out with them! And like just hanging with the other guys is just as awesome. Like many teens have come home with us tonight because they want to hangin out with us and spend the night! Our friendships are so great here! Today at camp we talked about how godly relationships and why they are so much more amzing and so much more meaningful then worldly relationships are. And like right now we are all having a great time here at the Inn having a good, godly time. This is such a great way to portray the lessons taught today! God's impact is happening right in front of our eyes and is helping us to be strengthened spirtually as well as the other teens. Our faith is building and building and building DAILY guys because of the hearts of the teens down here.
What's also really cool is that last week Ms Lin talked to us about spiritual Highs and Lows, and I didn't even know she was such an amazing teacher!!! Hearing her just preach the word was super encouraging and i just thank her for taking her time out for us! I just again want to thank Ms. Lin sooo much for inviting me to join everybody on this trip. I really am blessed to be able to be with this group of disciples. Like just seeing how they preach and how God effects them shows me how I need to be and act and live my life. I look up to them so much. Especially Travis with him being the only other guy here. Seeing how much he loves God and how humble he is really is just so incredible. And i'm proud to call him one of my best friends. But also the girls hearts are crazy super awesome too guys. Like I was listening to Jordyn Beaty talk and listening to her perspective on things and she is so much smarter than me! This goes for all of the other girls as well. They are all so incredibly intelligent when it comes to knowing, loving, and obeying God and making him Lord.
But guys this is just what is in my heart tonight, I just want to make sure that you have Lily Jacoby and Ms. Kristi Hickman in your prayers. I know that Ms. Kristi left sick and that Lily is sick right now. So please just keep them in your prayers.
I do not want to leave yet, and I hate the fact that I have to. Thanks guys! Love you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Buddy!! Dad and I are so HAPPY that you have not only had a blast in Trini, but have made such an impact. What a great gift to be able to be there. We are SO PROUD of all you teens!! You could have gone on vacation somewhere this summer and just chilled, but you decided to spend your time giving and serving. Now I'm not sure who got more from it NR teens or Trini teens. Sounds like lifelong friendships have been made.

    We miss you terribly (of course); and eventhough you are not ready to come home, we ARE ready for you to come home!!

    Maybe the whole family can all go next year!!

    Look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

    Love ya!

    Mom (AKA Sherrie Phillips)

    ReplyDelete