Our Teens

trip to topago

NR to Trinidad 2010

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Andrew Frank From Port-Of-Spain Church Of Christ


Hi Georgia im Andrew Frank from Trinidad & Tobago.I became a christian at the age of 16,and im 17 now.In our church their's not much Teen christian actually i was the only male christian teen there so it was difficult for me to be open about my struggles plus alot of people expected much from me.I felt like i was a major fake cause i stuggled with my sins still. I thought i would never get help or ever talk to someone about my struggles cause i was afraid to, i was drifting away from God slowly to a point where i stuggled with quiet times where as i was not reading at all. We usually have teen ministry on Sunday's and a week before i meet the teens from North River i was stuck with a challenge to do a message on Sunday i didn't know what it was doing until Saturday.I had to do a Communion message so i had some hour's to prepare for it,i was clueless on what to talk about so i called up my dicipling buddy David. He was an adult and even when he poured out his heart to me i only sratched the surface with my struggles and i felt bad at times.I learn alot from him about God and if i didn't have him to help i probably would not be coming to church all the time. So Sunday morning i came extra early to church trying to make it good enough then i found out that their were teens as well from America that have to share a message as well. So Travis and Brie came up on stage and did a wonderful job and the minute i saw that i was i amazed like WOO. So I went up on stage and i was nervous but i did good. Then after at the fellowship break this whole group of teens came up to me introducing themselves and i felt welcome and inspired by that. Then Monday we had camp and i got to know them a little more and they were real cool, we had crazy fun together to a point where i slept over where they stayed and just fellowship alot and talk about God. I spoke to Mack and Travis and they were open with everything plus they were my age so it was ok for me to be open with them. Well after i slept over we got up around after 6 in the morning and just got out the house with our Bible's and walked to a quiet area and had our quiet time. It was inspirational to me. Then Wednesday we had mid-week service and we did this dance which we did not know how to do that much. Actually i was encoraged by Ms lin and others to go for it even though i was nervous real bad. After that we had different teens to share on stage what we got out of camp and boy... was the church inspired. Their were alot of tears of joy. Matter a fact it was magical. Teens were inspired to studying the bible and that touched me alot. To myself i feel like i have a major responsibility now to get closer to God and help the younger ones know more about God. I can't let God down now, Never! i have some work to do spiritually and honestly im looking forward to that challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    I'm glad you got the experience of having other teen disciples around. I'm glad it encouraged you and hope it gave you a vision of what God can do with you there in Trinidad. Next year when we come hopefully there will be a group of you. Keep up with Travis and Mack over the year and that will help too. Of course we in North River will continue to hold you all in our prayers.

    Dana (Travis' mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very encouraged by just reading this.God really knows when to pick us up and i'm glad he has used the NR teens to help you get closer to him again and dream for your ministry.Will keep you in my prayers.

    Tawina(North River)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Amazing!! Andrew you are a blessing from God. Can't wait to meet you and see what God is going to Unleash yo life!!!!!!!

    Pierre (Trini Brotha from anotha motha)

    ReplyDelete